Is it Worth investing in New Double Glazing?
If you’re thinking of investing in your home, then you should consider the benefits of replacing your old windows for new double glazing. However, there are many things to consider before you replace your windows and doors. Is it worth getting replacement windows installed in my home? How much will they cost? What are the different types of replacement windows available? Within this blog we will take an in depth look at all these areas, so that you can decide whether or not replacement double glazing is right for your property.
Why Invest in New Replacement Double Glazing?
Replacement double glazing is a great investment. the benefits are as follows:
- A-rated windows will keep the heat in during winter and out during summer. This will make your home more comfortable and reduce energy bills, which is especially important if you live in an older style property. Especially for those homes that has single pane windows, as they have no insulation (or even worse, wooden frame windows).
- Reduce noise pollution from outside traffic or noisy neighbours. New double-glazed windows are a lot better at blocking out sound than outdated double glazing or even single panes. So, if you live near a busy road or footpath then getting new double-glazed windows could be just what you need to improve your quality of life!
- Reduce condensation on cold days by keeping moisture locked inside rather than letting it escape into your home via cracks around window frames or seals. Eventually this can lead to mold growth which could damage to your windows and walls. So, preventing these issues through proper ventilation (trickle vents), could resolve these issues immediately!
How Much Does it Cost to Replace Double Glazing?
The costs of replacing your windows will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The type of window you choose (for example, casement windows, sliding sash, Tilt and Turn etc.)
- The size of your property and the style of your home (for example, Georgian vs modern).
The average price for new double glazing is between £3,500 and £20,000 depending on how much energy efficient glass you want. Also, the style and colour of your windows.
What Are the Different Types of Double Glazing?
There are several different types of double glazing. The most common is ‘low-e’ (Low Emissivity) glass, which allows heat to pass through but reflects UV rays. This means that you can enjoy the benefits of solar gain without having your home become too hot in summer or cold during winter months.
Another popular option is argon gas filled units; these provide better insulation than standard units. Argon gas has an extremely low thermal conductivity, this helps to retain heat within the unit itself. Rather than allowing it to escape through gaps between panes of glass. Correctly fitted new frames will prevent the heat escaping via the frames. This combination results in a more thermally efficient home.
If you’re looking for more efficient windows, then triple glazing may be an option worth considering. Not only will triple glazing keep your home warmer, but also reduce noise pollution from outside as well!
Is it Worth Getting New Windows Installed In My Home?
If you’re thinking about getting replacement windows installed in your home, there are plenty of reasons why you should make this investment. New double glazing will help you save money on energy bills, heating costs and cooling costs. It can also be a good way of improving the value of your property when it comes time to sell it.
So why not give us a call today on 01733 689592? We’ll be happy to talk through our full range of products with you so that we can find out which ones would best suit your home and budget.
If you have an older property, replacement double glazing may be a good investment.
The cost of replacing double glazing will vary depending on the type of windows also the colour you choose. Depending on the quality of your frames it may be worth considering replacing your glass rather than a full installation.
If your windows are in poor condition, then it may be worth investing in replacement rather than repair work because it’s likely that any repairs made would only last a few years until further problems became apparent again.
If you have an older property, replacement double glazing may be a good investment. It will not only improve the look of your home but also increase its value and energy efficiency. However, it’s important that you choose a reputable company such as www.peterborough-doors.co.uk who will supply high quality products at a competitive price!