Sliding Sash Windows
Our Peterborough Sash Windows are the latest exciting development from the Peterborough window range. Sliding Sash windows are commonly known as Vertical Sliding Windows. They offer the realism of traditional timber windows combined with 21st century thermal benefits.
Many Peterborough property owners require a traditional timber window frame, this may be due to planning or environmental restrictions. Importantly, timber window frames tend to be extremely expensive, require regular maintenance, not forgetting can be difficult to replace.
On contrast, we recognise the requirement to develop a casement window that will can be fitted into any Peterborough property. As a result this is why the vertical sliders are fitted flush into the frame, which can then be foiled to look like traditional timber, or with a lustrous contemporary finish.
Our flush windows, similar to the rest of our Energy Plus window range are A- rated as standard. With emphasis these are low costing double glazed windows with higher thermal benefits especially compared to traditional timber windows. UPVC vertical sliding windows have a much high security performance than timber vertical sliding windows.
These sash windows are available in sculptured profile with the flush finish on external faces. They can also be manufactured 28mm double glazed or triple glazed windows. Internally beaded, including a wide range of opening configurations, colours, finishes, hardware and glazing
What are the benefits of Sliding Sash Windows?
- You can maintain a traditional style window with all of the uPVC benefits
- UPVC sash has a top and bottom slider, more air ventilation.
- Balanced load mechanism. Makes it much easier to open and close compared to traditional timber vertical sliders.
- Very low maintenance. Sliding sash have a tilt function which allows the window to tilt for easy cleaning inside and out.
- Horns can be added if necessary to provide a more traditional look.
- Astragal bars and Georgian bars can be installed during manufacturing.
- Traditional style hardware can be fitted to enhance the traditional style
- All joints can be engineered to replicate timber joints.
- A security bar is installed for added security
- All glass are toughened for peace of mind
Sliding Sash Designs
We can replicate near enough any traditional Sash Windows that you may have in your Peterborough home.
Whether it is replacing your bay window, Bow window which are very common in old style properties. However, when installed correctly the appearance is so impressive.
Shaped windows can also be replaced as we can do bespoke in design. This allows your home to maintain its natural appearance and charm.